DUEX monitor is a completely portable dual-screen laptop accessory that boosts your productivity by up to 50% and allows for efficient multitasking. Attach DUEX to the back of any laptop, and you're ready to work wherever you are!
DUEX is simple to use and provides flexible rotation & dual-sided sliding with 270° rotation, and the option for a 180° presentation mode, in 1080p display. DUEX is also lightweight (only 820g), energy efficient, and incredibly durable.
1. Duex Pro
2. USB-C Cable (1m)
3. USB-A Cable (1m)
4. Magnetic Adhesives for 2 laptops (12pcs)
The completely portable dual-screen laptop accessory that promises to boost your productivity by up to 50% and allows for efficient multitasking. Attach the DUEX monitor to the back of any laptop, and you're ready to work wherever you are!
1. Place Magnetic Adhesive on your computer
2. Place DUEX Pro on magnetic adhesives.
3. Plug in USB.
4. Slide Duex Screen Out.
Full 270° Rotation Flexible Viewing Angle Choice.
For workspace spanning, dragging windows from one screen to another.
Duplicate your desktop for easier sharing.
For webpage navigation, scrolling on vertically oriented applications.
Designed With the Compatibility in Mind.
Slim to pair perfectly with ANY laptops ANYWHERE you go. Compatible with Microsoft Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux.
1. Can Mobile Pixels DUEX monitor work with MAC or PC?
DUEX can work with all operating systems. This includes Mac OS, Windows, Linux, Chrome.
2. What is the screen brightness?
300 nits (adjustable)
3. What are the technical specs of the product?
- Screen is IPS
- 1080p resolution
- 300 nits adjustable brightness
- USB driver is custom built for USB-eDP signal conversion
4. What is the display coating of the screen?
5. Which Android version does DUEX work with?
DUEX will work with Android 5 (Lollipop) and newer
6. Can DUEX monitor brightness be adjusted?
Currently, there is no adjustment option for brightness on Mac, but it's adjustable on everything else. This is due to the current driver software from display link. They may issue an update in the future.
7. Is it possible to plug in 2 DUEX monitor screens to my computer if I have enough parts for it?
You will be able to run multiple DUEX, they have individual drivers.
8. Will DUEX monitor work with iPhone or other smartphones?
DUEX will not work with iPhones or any other smartphones.
9. What is the thickness of DUEX monitor ?
DUEX is 0.5" thick, so when you attach it to the back of the laptop, it will stick our 0.5".
10. Can two DUEX's be mounted at once to use it as a triple screen?
Yes, it can be. But DUEX was not intended to work this way. You can check the mounting here.
11. What is the brightness of the screen?
Most 12.5" screens are around 300 to 400 nits. There are brighter ones available, but it becomes a trade-off with power consumption.
12. Any possibilities that the USB connection will be at the other end (near the laptop)? So it won't protrude and look more space-saving?
Yes, we definitely thought about this several times. The problem is that if we place the connection anywhere else, then DUEX will not be able to fold into presentation mode. However, we will ship DUEX with a right angle head USB cable, at least the cable will be pointing downwards.
13. Is the DUEX screen IPS?
14. What is the PPI for the DUEX screen?
The display is FHD, it is not a retina display which has a much higher resolution. it's about 176 PPI. However, at 12.5", we don't really think it makes a big difference.
15. Is there a short how-to video of the setup (hardware) with a laptop so that everyone can get a better insight into the setup?
We will have a full step by step instructions manual with the product which will be very helpful in the setup. I will also try to get a how-to-video for you!
16. How sturdy/rigid is the DUEX screen when propped to the side? Mainly due to the stress that will happen on the in-flexion point at the top when folded; to avoid any cracks or having it break completely due to long and multiple uses?
We ran FEA on the hinge design, and have built in a 30% margin. We don't think the hinge will crack during repeated use. Also, the rotational portion of the torque hinge is life-tested to last 30,000+ cycles.
17. Should I install something to start using DUEX?
Yes, you will have to install a driver. For Windows users, the driver will be automatically installed when you plug DUEX in for the first time. For Mac users, you will have to download the driver, we will ship DUEX with very specific instructions.
18. What's the color gamut like compared to standard Mac models?
The current panel displays 262k colors at 1080P resolution.
While working at Amazon, Jack constantly felt frustrated by the lack of a secondary monitor that could help him work more efficiently. Feeling strangely nostalgic about his old work monitor, he decided to build a laptop monitor from a broken laptop. He also realized that most of the monitors available currently were stationary and did not serve the purpose when he is moving around. So he built a prototype of a light and portable monitor that he could carry anywhere with him. Soon everyone in the office wanted one, and our product Mobile Pixels was born!