Ulo First Setup
iOS & Android first setup
1. Plug Ulo to its USB cable to make sure the owl is powered (please use a 5V-2A USD adapter)
2. Make sure your connection works properly and Ulo is placed within range of your Wi-Fi router
4. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your device
5. Make sure your device is connected to your Wi-Fi network
6. Launch ULO app
7. Tap Setup new Ulo
8. Tap on the Ulo discovered to configure it
9. Follow the instruction on Ulo app
(In WiFi configuration: SSID = Name of your home WiFi network, Password = Password of your home WiFi network)
Web-browser first setup
1. Open your Ulo (see Quick Start Guide)
2. Take a picture or write down your Ulo MAC address
3. Now you can close your Ulo
4. Plug Ulo to its USB cable to make sure the owl is powered (please use a 5V-2A USD adapter)
5. Make sure your connection works properly and Ulo is placed within range of your Wi-Fi router
6. Enable Wi-Fi on your device (laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.)
7. Place Ulo upside-down
8. Ulo will create a Wi-Fi network (AP mode), please connect your computer to this network (if a password is needed, please use Mu Design)
9. In your web-browser go to this address: http://setup.ulo.camera or 192.168.43.1
10. Follow the instruction on Ulo webpage
11. After WiFi configuration, Ulo will connect to your home network. The Ulo webpage won't be accessible anymore. This is normal, you should have a blank page.
12. Connect your computer to your Wi-Fi network
Access Ulo from your computer
Now you need to know your Ulo IP address.
There are 2 possibilities:
Scan your Wi-Fi network with a third party software. Look for your Ulo MAC address and enter its IP address in a web-browser to finish configuration and start using your Ulo.
Easy but not recommended, Ulo IP address will change with time. You'll have to repeat this step each time you can't access your Ulo.
Go to your Wi-Fi router administration page. Provide a static IP to your Ulo MAC address. Enter this IP address in a web-browserto finish configuration and start using your Ulo.
You can find lots of tutorials on internet for this step. Example : search "static IP [name of your router]"
Recommended, your Ulo IP won't change (unless you reset your router).
Ulo is displaying a charger symbol
This means your USB adapter is not powerful enough, Ulo may not be able to boot.
Please use a 5V-2A USB adapter.