Best For: Rugged travel and outdoors
45 liter capacity, carry-on compliant (most airlines)
Segmented design for organization (patented)
Built with materials that meet Bluesign® criteria
- Patented segmented design for organization
- External zipper access to all pockets
- Clamshell undercarriage for large or dirty items
- External access laptop pocket
- External water bottle pocket, zipper closure
- Stowable backpack straps
- Detachable duffle strap
- Removable sternum strap
- Removable hip belt
- Rugged carry handles on top, bottom, and side
- Zipper security loops on all external pockets
- Reflective zipper pulls for recognition in low light
- UHMWPE-reinforced high-wear panels
- Built from materials that meet Bluesign® criteria
*Soft-sided design conforms to carry-on requirements for most airlines.
Weight: 2lbs 8oz (1134g)
Dimensions: 22 x 10.25 x 13.4in (55.88 x 26 x 23.39cm)
Carry-on compliant (most airlines)
- 420D Bluesign® PU coated nylon, DWR coating (PFC free)
- 420D Bluesign® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) reinforced ripstop, PU waterproofing
- 100D Bluesign® Robic® nylon mini ripstop, PU waterproofing
- YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- 210D nylon bonded thread with bartack reinforced construction
The SEG45 is a soft-sided pack that complies to carry-on item size requirements for most airlines. Carry-on item dimensional requirements vary slightly by airline, which is one of many reasons we prefer a soft-sided pack over hard-exterior luggage. We have tested the SEG45 to confirm that it fits into the carry-on compartment of the baggage sizers typically found at airports.
What size laptop will the laptop pocket accommodate?
The laptop pocket fits up to 16" laptops from all manufacturers.
How do the backpack straps stow to use as a duffle bag or checked bag?
To stow the backpack straps, unclip from the bottom and slide straps into the vertical pockets along the back panel. Zip to close the vertical pockets.
Does the SEG45 include a duffle strap?
The SEG45 has a removeable shoulder strap that is included with the bag. This is new to this product, based on feedback from the SEG42.
Is the SEG45 waterproof?
The SEG45 is built from waterproof materials and has YKK® sealing zippers on all external pockets. This pack is designed to withstand light to medium precipitation for short periods. Outdoor coatings add further protection by letting water slick off the fabric.
How big is the water bottle pocket?
The external water bottle pocket can fit the largest of water bottles, such as Nalgenes® and 40oz Hydro Flasks®
What is UHMWPE?
UHMWPE is used as the ripstop grid on high wear panels of the SEG45, like the bottom of the bag. Known by several brand names such as Dyneema® and Spectra®, UWMPE is extremely resistant to tearing and cutting. The white grid fabric on the SEG45 is UHMWPE, and it improves the durability of the bag while maintaining the superior seam integrity of nylon.
How long is the warranty?
The SEG45 has a 3 year, Total-Protection-Warranty. SEG45 is built to last—with the highest quality outdoor fabrics, bartack reinforced construction, and strategic patterning that guarantees long-term performance. Equipment in and out of warranty is eligible for free repairs. (Excludes European Union)
Backpack shoulder straps offer an adjustable fit for all. Further fine tuned via the adjustable sternum strap and removable hip belt.
Stow the shoulder straps in the back panel and attach the included cross-body strap to carry as a duffle bag.
Rugged outdoor travel
This hybrid backpack-duffle features patented built-in organization and external access to all your gear. Technical construction and materials protect the contents as you move.
Full 45 liter volume is divided into 5 segments that can be organized by day, type, or size.
Large clamshell compartment borrows space from the segments—ideal for large or dirty items.
Use internal g-hooks to stow away segmented pockets and convert bag into an open, 45 liter duffle.
A pack is only as good as the materials it's built from. That’s why the SEG45 is built from the outdoor industry’s most advanced materials.
- Sustainable materials that meet Bluesign® criteria
- UHMWPE-reinforced high-wear panels
- Top quality YKK® sealing zippers and YKK® hardware